Updates: 7 p.m. – 5 a.m. One lane of northbound and southbound I-25 will be closed intermitten...
This $24 million project began in June 2014 and is scheduled to complete in June 2016. Phases 1.2 and 1.3 were combined as a bridge replacement project that replaced the structures on I-25 over Santa Fe Drive. This project is now complete.
The current phase, known as 1.4 focuses primarily on Santa Fe, Alameda and southbound Kalamath. This project is putting in a single point urban interchange at Santa Fe and I-25 and will make this area similar to University where one light controls all movements.
Phase 1.4 also constructs a bridge over the South Platte River that will carry southbound I-25 off ramp traffic onto southbound Santa Fe Drive
In addition, this project will widen Alameda Avenue at Santa Fe Drive/Kalamath. This project will improve safety for the traveling public in this area and will help to reduce congestion and improve mobility in this heavily traveled section of the metro area.
- New bridge construction on southbound Santa Fe Drive crossing the Platte River. Upon completion, the existing bridge will be removed.
- Reconstruction and realignment of northbound and southbound Santa Fe Drive between Alameda Ave. and Ohio Ave.
- Reconstruction of Alameda Ave. between the I-25 overpass and Santa Fe Drive.
- Realignment of the Home Depot Access Road.
- Reconstruction of the Platte River bicycle trail and Exposition Ave. along the western bank of the Platte River near the Johnson Habitat Park.